2015 se apropie cu pași repezi de final. Zilele trecute mă gândeam care ar fi cea mai potrivită modalitate pentru a realiza un fel de retrospectivă a acestui an iar soluția nu a întârziat să apară: mobile updates (deoarece, uneori, fotografiile se pricep mai bine la a spune povestea decât cuvintele). Așadar, săptămâna aceasta va exista zilnic o (nouă) postare pe blog pentru a vă arăta cum a fost 2015 pentru mine.
Începem astăzi cu poveștile lunilor februarie, martie și aprilie. Enjoy!
Great news for all book lovers: on February 12th we celebrated the grand opening of Cărturești Carousel, the most beautiful bookstore and concept store in Bucharest. A former bank at its origins, this monument building (situated on Lipscani St, 55) reopened its doors after a quarter century to house the Carousel bookstore. If you haven’t already (but I’m guessing you all have by now), go pay it a visit!
Only a few weeks till spring and the Spring/Summer collections were already in stores: inside the fitting room at Mango.
1. + 4. chocolate is always a good idea and the best therapy. Those pictured above can be found at Gloria Jean’s (Nerva Traian bd, 3A);
2. + 3. new place in town: Interbelic cocktail bar (17, Victoriei St). They don’t serve coffee. But they serve it at Origo (only one minute walk away) and its the best coffee in town.
1. + 4. and its March already (the end of March, to be more precise) and off we go to Paris, my favorite city in the world;
2. + 3. the most beautiful and perfect engagement ring has to be from Tiffany&Co. My all time favorite is a classic: the Tiffany Setting, created over a century ago, is known as the most brilliant ring ever.
Over the moon to be back in Paris, my soul city. Words cannot express how much I love its streets, buildings, cafes, neighborhoods, architecture, small shops and stories. It has always been a privilege for me to visit this insanely beautiful city. Paris is pure magic! Read more about my trip to Paris here. Below there are some mobile pictures I didn’t insert into that post.
Montmartre (and the whole 18th arrondissement) is my favorite area in Paris. Every time I visit this incredibly unique village within the metropolis my heart skips a beat.
1. + 2. at Moulin de la Galette (built in 1622);
3. + 4. Sacre-Coeur and the breathtaking panoramic view over Paris from the front steps of the Basilica.
Restaurants and dishes in Paris: Le Tambour (41, rue Montmartre) and Le Consulat (18, rue Norvins).
1. sitting on one of Daniel Buren’s columns in the courtyard of the Palais Royal;
2. the magnificent Dome des Invalides;
3. beautiful buildings of Paris, somewhere in the 7th arrondissement;
4. holding the Montparnasse Tower in my hand from top of the Eiffel Tower.
“Les Deux Magots” and “Cafe de Flore” existed beside each other for more than a century and are the most famous cafes in Paris, mainly because they have been the rendezvous of the literary and intellectual elite of the city.
1. always with a big smile on my face when in Paris;
2. street art near the hill of the Trocadero;
3. “I see you even in Paris”, say the famous eyes of Doctor T.J. Eckleburg (“The eyes of Doctor T.J. Eckleburg are blue and gigantic – their retinas are one yard high. They look out of no face, but, instead, from a pair of enormous yellow spectacles which pass over a nonexistent nose” – The Great Gatsby);
4. beauty and the beast @ Mercedes-Benz showroom on Champs Elysees.
1. + 2. + 3. chasing the sunsets in Paris at Musee du Louvre, Hotel de Ville and Centre Pompidou;
4. midnight in Paris somewhere in Passy (home to many of the city’s wealthiest residences).
Inside the fitting room at Topshop (Galeries Lafayette Hausmann).
And back to Montmartre, its picturesque views, its local artists and its alluring cobblestone streets and steps lined by pretty lampposts and trees.
Paris is for lovers. Always!
So long, beautiful city! Hope to be back again pretty soon. Thank you for the memories!
“There is a certain happiness in being silly and ridiculous.” Always a child at heart.
Life is short, eat dessert first! My favorites: macarons, the “Huge Chocolate Amandine” at Biutiful by Fratelli and baklavas from Istanbul.
This collage is for (and with) my lovely minion. Let’s not forget to celebrate our special friendship each month!
1. inside the fitting room at Zara;
2. spotted this sweatshirt at Nike in Paris and it was love at first sight. Months later I found it in the men’s department at Nike in Bucharest, but loved it anyways.
1. well, I must confess that Zinedine Zidane has always been my all time favorite footballer, so I was more than happy when he was presented as the new face of Mango Man’s Spring/Summer 2015 campaign;
2. + 4. story of my life;
3. “my life is perfect, even when it is not” – that’s the spirit hahahaa.
Some deco inspiration because…why not?
1. a small reunion after more than 10 years. So happy we managed to catch up.
2. + 3.+ 4. so many things have happened over the last 15-10 years, but we are still standing and still smiling. Together. If that’s not true friendship, I don’t know what is.
1. + 4. Zara had some really nice high-heel sandals to offer this past spring;
2. + 3. strong scents: my favorite fragrance for men (A*Men by Thierry Mugler) and for women – anything from Tom Ford.
Inside the fitting room at Mango (Spring/Summer 2015 collection).
There’s always Essie on my nails. From left to right (second picture): “Too Too Hot”, “Fifth Avenue”, “Russian Roulette” (picture 1), “Bahama Mama” (picture 3) and “Bordeaux” (picture 4).
My first time on a zip line adventure (at Parc Aventura Bacău). I had so much fun hehehe.
1. inspiration: these classic Louboutins will be mine one day;
2. my favorite flowers: red roses;
3. yes, I’m a sucker for the Bourjois shower gels, especially for “Deshabillez-moi”;
4. just a casual winter-night-outfit, wearing a skirt, tights and sneakers – NOT!
1. it was good while it lasted;
2. and that’s because I’m a great kisser, not a terrible cook. hahaha;
3. it’s either all or nothing when it comes to love;
4. “it’s not narcissism if you truly are better than everyone else”, if you know what I mean.
April 23rd, 2015: Portobello Stradale, 8th edition – as always, my favorite event of the year. Nights like this lead to…..
April 23rd, 2015: a magical night. First there was Portobello Stradale and then the Spotlight Festival. Bucharest never looked so beautiful and shined so bright.
The last one from my “inside the fitting room” series: this time at PNK Casual.
Mode of transport: what would you choose? I would fancy a ride with the double deck subway in Berlin. So uber cool.
Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. But it’s your choice to scream or enjoy the ride. So, dance like nobody is watching, love like you’ve never been hurt, sing like nobody’s listening and work like you don’t need the money. And travel! Travel the world, fill your suitcase with treasures. They all have a story that becomes a memory.
Above there are three of my favorite cities (Berlin, Paris and Lisbon) and Bucharest, the city I have been living in for 10 years already.